The Liebster Award is a way for members of the blogging community to recognize new bloggers/blogs. It is a fun way to support our fellow bloggers and create a sense of community. The rules seem to vary a little depending on who is giving the award but here are the basics:
- Nominate ten blogs and let them know you have nominated them
- Each nominee must have under 1000 followers
- Provide a link to the blog that nominated you
- Answer the questions that they have provided for you
- Create ten new questions for the blogs that you have nominated
- Create a post that includes all of this information
I have been nominated by
I have nominated
- Daydreaming Books
- Smells Like YA Fiction
- Some Ferret Notes
- Summer 2015
- Heather T. Rochon
- How’s That Book
- The Fan Girl Space
- Escape Into Pages
- Reading and Reviews
1. If you could choose any finished series to come out with one more book which series would you choose?
2. If you could choose any series to become a television show which series would you choose?
3. Which character do you think was poorly cast in a movie based on a book? And who would you have cast instead?
4. Which character death was the hardest to deal with and why?
5. If you could spend the day in any fictional world which world would it be?
6. Imagine that you can have any fictional character “guest star” in a fictional world other than its own. Which character would you choose? Which world would you have them appear in? Why?
7. Which character do you most identify with?
8. If you could choose any book or series to come out with a companion cookbook that contained recipes for food and drinks mentioned in the book which would you choose?
9. If you could choose any book or series to be turned into a video game which would you choose?
10. If you could choose any supporting character to get their own book or series who would you choose?
It Started in Oxford’s Questions
1. Describe your country.
I live in the United States. It is beautiful and diverse and full of so many wonderful and unique people.
2. What’s your favorite book and why?
It is nearly impossible for me to pick a favorite book. I love so many. I just finished The Book of Speculation and it is definitely one of the best books that I have ever read. It is magical and dark and real.
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I have a tattoo on my foot that says “a beautiful life”. It represents that no matter what journey I take in life that it will be beautiful and fulfilling. I don’t know where I will be in ten years and I don’t care, as long as I am happy.
4. Do you have any life advice that you always think back to?
Don’t do something that makes you unhappy. Life is too short to be miserable.
5. Fruit desserts or chocolate?
6. Are you religious?
I am an atheist.
7. What is your opinion on Edward Snowden?
I don’t particularly have one.
8. If you could have coffee and cake with anyone from history, who would it be and why?
Catherine Brewer. She was the first woman in the United States to graduate from college. I would love to be able to meet the woman who overcame so many obstacles in the pursuit of education.
9. Are you an outdoorsy person?
I live in Idaho. It is beautiful and full of outdoor adventures. I love camping and swimming.
10. What is something you have learnt today?
That I am terrible at formatting and have no idea how to set up the HTML link that I want to.
1. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I usually have a few books going at once. An eBook that I can read on my Kindle and at work and a physical copy to enjoy on my back porch.
2. How many books are currently on your TBR?
On Goodreads I have 420 books on my TBR. I also have physical copies, ARCs, and NetGalleys waiting to be read.
3. How long have you been a book blogger?
I started my blog about a week ago and I have loved every minute of it.
4. Which character from you favorite book would you most likely be friends with, and why?
I absolutely love the Harry Potter series and I would love to be friends with Hermione. We both love reading, learning and are loyal to the people that we love.
5. Which movie based on a book do you like the best?
I have several favorites including; The Harry Potter Series, The Help and most recently Maze Runner.
6. What is the worst book you have read?
Sideways by Rex Pickett. It was pretentious and hard to read.
7. If you could meet any character from any book, and punch them in the face, who would it be and why?
Amy Dunne from Gone Girl. She is so extremely infuriating.
8. Who is your book crush?
Adrian Ivashkov from the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series.
9. What is your favorite genre?
Young Adult. Particularly YA Fantasy.
10. Name a book that you could not/would not finish and why?
There are only two books that I can remember not finishing. One was The Lovely Bones and that was simply because I was reading it at my aunts on vacation and didn’t finish it before we came home. The other one was Sideways. It was just not for me. I could not force myself to read another page.
11. If you could adapt any book into a movie, which book would you choose?
Anything by Rainbow Rowell has the potential for an awesome movie. Eleanor and Park would be amazing!
Make sure to tag me in your posts so that I can read your answers to the questions!
If you weren’t nominated but want to answer any of the questions feel free to do so in the comments.
I would love to hear your answers!